LETTER: Pass Creek Winter Celebration a hit
Hello Pass Creek Residents and community supporters;
What an amazing Winter Celebration for the Pass Creek Community.
• More than 120 people attended the event, with more than 40 families and 46 kids visiting Santa;
• 96 wooden ornaments were decorated to take home;
• 147 food items collected for Christmas hampers (est. $300 value);
• Over 40 new and used children’s books were collected for local Christmas food hampers;
• 14 jars of chili and more was disbursed to local residents that were not able to attend and may have been in need of a warm meal;
• Many people met others in the community for the first time – strengthening our existing social networks, increasing community capacity and social capital
We would like to give thanks to all who attended. We recognize this event would not have happened with you and our funding supporters – the CBT, RDCK, Pass Creek Fire Dept, as well as all of you that donated materials, decorations, food, firewood and your time! Thank you to Kootenay Market, Pine Tree Market and local farmers who offered discounts on food and supplies purchased for the event – be sure to give thanks when shopping at our generous community supporters!
The Pass Creek Community Hall Society (PCCHS) was an instrumental part hosting this event – We are fortunate to have a community space for all of us to share. The PCCHS depends on community memberships to continue to operate the hall. An annual family membership is still only $50, a rate that has not increased in over 20 years! Individuals can purchase a yearly membership for just $25! To find out how to become a member of the Hall society and what benefits that membership brings to you, please call Hall manager Paul Verigin at 250.365.7465, Melissa Cline at 250.365.3838, or via email at email@example.com.
If you had Santa pictures taken and would like a digital copy, please reply to this email. Thanks to the PCFD for arranging Santa’s appearance and ride, and local photographer Amber Old for taking some great pictures.
Much cheer and blessings to you and yours throughout the holiday season, we hope to see you soon!
Event Planning Committee
Pass Creek Neighbourhood Association