LIBRARY MUSINGS: Overflowing with new books
Hi Grand Folks!
Thanks to all of you who sent me $10,000 – I can assure you that your millions are forthcoming. In the meanwhile, if you wish to occupy your mind with some other things, here are some exciting events to come out to:
· Want to know what it takes to get published? Yolanda Ridge will be here on Tuesday, Nov. 27 (1 – 2 p.m.) to walk you through all publishing options, from traditional to self-publishing. Learn about query letters, marketing your book, and much more.
· Join us for our 12th Annual Festive Storytime on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 p.m., for an evening of rhymes, songs, stories, and the coolest Christmas band in town. CBAL will be giving free books to all families. All ages welcome – Santa will be here too.
* * *
In other news, our wonderful Friends of the Library group will be having their annual Christmas Cookie Sale on Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 10 a.m. – they usually sell out quickly, so come early!
* * *
We’re up to our ears in new books – putting them out on the shelves as fast as we can, but they keep coming. Some of the highlights include:
· “The Twelve” by Justin Cronin – the second installment in his critically acclaimed vampire trilogy.
· “Blood Red Road” by Moira Young –a dystopian tale of a girl’s quest to find her twin brother, and winner of the 2012 Costa Children’s book award.
· “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg – a fascinating look at how to develop good habits and break bad ones.
· “Between the Lines” by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer – her first foray into teen fiction, a twist on the traditional teen-romance novel.
· “Red Rain” by R.L. Stine – after 20 years of writing the Goosebumps series, Stine turns to the adult market with this horror story.
· “Maximum Ride” series, by James Patterson – a massively popular young adult sci-fi series by the always bestselling Patterson.
See you at the library!