Chimney fire doused quickly by fire department

Mona Mattei
By Mona Mattei
March 13th, 2010

The Grand Forks Fire Department responded quickly to the call from a home owner at 4650 Hillview Road about a fire in their chimney this morning (Mar. 12). The owner of the house said that they noticed a noise in the chimney and saw a small fire which she attempted to douse. She placed the call “just in case.” 

When trucks arrived on the scene there was minimal smoke visible, but once they began treating the fire, smoke started billowing out of the chimney. 

The fire was contained and the home owner was very pleased with the fast response from the department.

For video footage go to: 



Categories: General