· Thirty-three addresses remain on Evacuation Alert in the RDKB in near the Horns Mountain / Santa Rosa fire.
· Temperatures early this week will remain cooler than normal. Over the last two days the West Kootenays has seen some rain, the Boundary however has not received much. There is a chance of showers on Thursday with the passage of a cold front; there will also be some wind.
· ESS, Red Cross and local municipalities are prepared to respond should the need arise across the RDKB
· The RDKB EOC remains activated at Level 1 to support wildfire response in the RDKB, as well as to monitor developing situations in other regions.
Fires of Note
China Creek Fire:
· Under control and no longer a concern. No further updates will be provided on this fire.
Horns Mountain / Santa Rosa Fire:
· This fire is burning near the Santa Rosa summit.
· 2197 ha, 85% containment on the US side 100% guarded and 50% contained on the Canadian side.
· The area of fire within BC is approximately 377 hectares.
· 33 addresses in Big Sheep Creek and Santa Rosa remain on evacuation alert.
· Daily updates for the Horns Mountain fire can be found at this US website: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6138/