by RDKB on Tuesday May 09 2023
Receding waters have led the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary regional emergency operations centre to downgrade some of its evacuation orders in the Boundary.
The current status of Evacuation Orders and Alerts is:
- Evacuation Order: 1 property on Edwards Road in Gilpin, Rural Grand Forks
- Evacuation Order: 8 properties in Manly Meadows
- Evacuation Alert: 10 properties at Beatrice & Division in South Johnson Flats
- Evacuation Alert: 591 addresses from Carmi to Christina Lake (excluding Greenwood & Grand Forks)
- Evacuation Alert: 12 properties in Christina Lake
- Evacuation Alert: 16 properties in Fruitvale & 1 in Area A (Kenny Rd.)
- Evacuation Alert: 34 addressed properties on 12th Street in Grand Forks
- Evacuation Alert: 6 properties in Nursery, Rural Grand Forks
- Evacuation Alert: 1 property on Jmayoff Road
“We’re encouraged to see that river levels are coming down,” said Mark Stephens, RDKB EOC Director said in the Tuesday media release.
“However, as temperatures rise as we approach the weekend, we are still urging residents to be cautious.”
Stephens add that those still on evacuation order and needing emergency support services can call the Canadian Red Cross at 1.888.800.6493.
Affected residents can also self-register at ess.gov.bc.ca.
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the RDKB’s free emergency notification system at https://voyent-alert.com/ca/community/#registration.
Those residents in Evacuation Order or Alert areas will receive instant messaging if they are signed up to the system.
The EOC continues to closely monitor water levels and will provide updates as needed.
Regularly monitor the emergency.rdkb.com website as well as the @RDKB_Emergency twitter feed for the latest emergency news, weather forecasts and alerts.