As of Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021, the Ministry of Health in BC said there were 90.5% (4,195,116) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.4% (4,003,628) received their second dose.
In addition, 90.9% (3,932,843) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.0% (3,760,978) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 555 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 210,758 cases in the province.
There are currently 4,321 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 203,909 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 404 individuals are currently in hospital and 117 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 197 new cases in Fraser Health — Total active cases: 1,820
- 50 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 505
- 114 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 766
- 106 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 573
- 88 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 598
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada — Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,234.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Interior Health: one
- Island Health: three
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health). The outbreaks at Hallmark on the Lake, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Tabor Manor (Fraser Health), Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre (Interior Health), and University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) have been declared over, for a total of 29 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- Mission Memorial Hospital, Queen's Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
- GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
Assisted or independent living:
- The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Park, Bethshan Gardens and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
From Nov. 2-8, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 63.1% of cases and from Oct. 26 to Nov. 8 they accounted for 70.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 2-8) - Total 3,489
- Not vaccinated: 2,020 (57.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 182 (5.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,287 (36.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 26 to Nov. 8) - Total 417
- Not vaccinated: 271 (65.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 24 (5.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 122 (29.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 2-8)
- Not vaccinated: 258.7
- Partially vaccinated: 64.7
- Fully vaccinated: 29.5
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 26 to Nov. 8)
- Not vaccinated: 53.6
- Partially vaccinated: 13.9
- Fully vaccinated: 2.7
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,373,682 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Note: The next COVID-19 pandemic update will be provided on Friday, Nov. 12, 2021.
- For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf