A great big thank You to the Friends of the Library for putting on a spectacular Starlight Dinner fundraiser. And speaking of food...
Join us for an informative and informal discussion about Fermenting – on Thursday, August 28 at 6:30 pm. Learn about kombucha, kefir, pickles, kimchii, sauerkraut, vegetables and more. Share what you know, learn what you don’t!
We’ve subscribed to some new magazines, come take a look – Psychology Today, Wired, Alternatives Journal, the Amazing Spiderman, and more!
New Biographies & Memoirs
- History Lessons: A Memoir of Madness, Memory, and the Brain
- Names on a Cenotaph: Kootenay Lake Men in World War I
- The Most Dangerous Animal of All: Searching for My Father – and Finding the Zodiac Killer
- My Salinger Year
- Dancing Fish and Ammonites: A Memoir
- Perfectly Miserable: Guilt, God and Real Estate in a Small Town
- North of Normal: A Memoir of my Wilderness Childhood, my Counterculture Family, and How I Survived Both.
- The Owl Who Liked Sitting on Caesar: Living With a Tawny Owl
- The Mockingbird Next Door: Life With Harper Lee
- The Couch of Willingness: An Alcoholic Therapist Battles the Bottle and a Broken Recovery System
The library will be closed on Saturday, Aug. 30.
For more information on any of these programs, to read staff reviews, or to find books, DVDs, magazines and much more, visit our website at www.grandforks.bclibrary.ca.