Boundary Helping Hands Feline Rescue Society recently received some great news from the City of Grand Forks when it was announced the feline-focused rescue group was graciously granted usage of a house in North Ruckle, as a temporary cat shelter while the search for a more permanent location continues.
The Society said on its Facebook Page thankful for the opportunity.
“We are eternally grateful for the ongoing support from our community, and with your help, we hope to continue to grow and help the many kitties in need in our area,” said the BHHFRS Facebook page.
However, the structure like many others in the area has been vandalized, leaving the home in a state home disrepair.
So the BHHFRS is putting out a call for:
- able-bodied individuals to help with removing old carpet, picking up trash, cleaning of walls, floors, etc...
- volunteers to help repair small holes in wall, broken doors, etc...
- people with trucks willing to do dump runs
- donations of linoleum or other easy wash/easy install flooring.
- donation of a working washer & dryer
- donation of bathroom sink faucet
- inexpensive (or free) security cameras/system
Boundary Helping Hands Feline Rescue Society is a feline-focused rescue; trapping abandoned, feral, and stray cats and providing them with a better quality of life.
Anyone that can help can do so by going to the BHHFRS Facebook page.