“BC COVID-19 SPEAK: Your story, our future” is a population health survey to understand citizen experiences, knowledge and actions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Public health and government leaders have made significant decisions impacting every aspect of our lives in recent weeks. As we move through our pandemic response, we want to hear from you about how this has affected you, your family and your future.
This survey is the first of several activities that will strengthen our pandemic response and our understanding of the impacts of COVID-19 to date (social, economic, mental wellness and community wellness). Your input is important as we consider our plans to ease restrictions while keeping our citizens safe, especially those most vulnerable.
The province’s public health leaders have jointly developed this survey, including the chief medical health officers from each regional health authority, the deputy provincial health officer and the provincial health officer.
Visit this page to take the survey: http://www.bccdc.ca/covid19survey
About the survey
• The survey is open to all British Columbians 18 years of age and older.
• The survey takes 20-30 minutes and can be done online on any tablet, computer or mobile device.
• The survey will be open until May 31, 2020
• The online survey is available in English and Chinese, as well as a Punjabi survey translation guide
• Survey assistance is available. Language translation services are available by calling 1-833-707-1900, for assistance with completing the survey over the phone.
• Lines open seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
At the end of the survey, you will be asked about participating in two important initiatives:
• A serology survey (blood testing) to help determine immunity across the population
• Planning for future waves in which identifying, containing and tracing are substantially strengthened through technology tools to enable integrated and coordinated information sharing
Help the people in your life to participate
If you know someone who may have difficulty accessing or using a computer, open the survey via the link above, give them a call, and go through all the questions, inputting their answers into the online survey on their behalf. We need your help to prepare for B.C.’s future, and every voice counts.