Other News Stories
by Timothy Schafer on Mar 16 2017
by Letters to the ... on Mar 15 2017
by Timothy Schafer on Mar 15 2017
by Contributor on Mar 13 2017
by Timothy Schafer on Mar 11 2017
by Letters to the ... on Thursday Mar 23 2017
by Canadian Centre... on Wednesday Mar 22 2017
by Rossland Telegraph on Wednesday Mar 22 2017
by David Suzuki on Tuesday Mar 21 2017
by Dick Cannings MP on Monday Mar 20 2017
CANDIDATE: Cathy Korolek (GF -- council)
To see a list of all the available candidate profiles click here.
Please give a brief summary of who you are and why you have decided to run for office.
I am Cathy Korolek, married, 2 children and 3 grandchildren. Originally from Fort St. James; we moved to Grand Forks in 2003. Rod started work at Pope & Talbot and I opened my shop, Heart n’ Sole Quilts.
We have had the pleasure of meeting people from all over the world and building relationships with many of you.
I have no private agenda. I believe in working as a team for our city, to put personal issues aside and find the best way to work for the whole of our city.
Now is my time to give back to the community which welcomed, Rod and I, eleven years ago.
What is your background? Have you held office before? What skills do you bring to the job if you are elected?
- 23 years experience as personal banker and administrator
- 14 years business owner, Heart n’ Sole Quilts
- Rotarian for 22 years have not held office however have been Assistant District Governor for Rotary for the past 3 yrs.
I have been involved in many volunteer organizations over the years and in most have held positions on the board.
What do you think are the top three challenges facing the city/region/school district in the upcoming term?
- developing a strong economic base
- continuing to work on conservation of our natural resources
- promoting our community as a great place to live, play and work.4. How do you plan on addressing these challenges?
- develop a plan to move our city forward
- build a strategic plan for the next 4 years
With my background in banking and running my own business, I have experience developing business plans and looking to the future.
If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be?
Intelligent, strong, independent
What is the one thing that makes you stand out as a candidate? (or) What is the one thing you want people to know about you?
I know the value in taking the broad view for the future of our community.